lentil & sweet potato salad
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into ¼” cubes
- 1 pear, diced into ¼” cubes
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 5 oz baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup canned lentils, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 2 tbsp. chevre, crumbled
- ⅓ cup Dorset Cereals Honey Granola
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add in the sweet potato and cook until lightly caramelized on all sides, about 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover the pan and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Let the water evaporate, then add in the pear and honey and cook uncovered until the honey coats the potato and the pear, and both yield a golden brown colour on all sides. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl or a platter, lay down the spinach leaves, top with the lentils, pear, sweet potatoes, cherries, chevre and Dorset Cereals Honey Granola.
- In a jar or bowl, mix together the honey, vinegar, oil, mustard and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the salad at room temperature and the dressing alongside the salad.